don't fret, it's just me.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

chicken barbeque.


i went to TriNoma with my friends this afternoon, right after my 2-4pm class. i was really excited (and nervous) to see whether my shirt entry for this year's Artwork shirt design competition made it to the top 100 shirts. i joined the competition last year and my shirt was part of the top 100. but i aimed higher this year, i wanted to at least qualify for the top 10 shirts. i am aware, however, that there are a gazillion other artists out there who could undoubtedly do better than me but i still have my self esteem pretty much intact, thank you very much. i submitted this a month ahead of the deadline and you could just imagine how passionately i counted down the days to this exhibit day. imagine my shock when i could not find the exhibit in the mall anywhere. not to mention my indignation when i found out it has been cancelled.

it was depressing. it never occurred to me that Artwork could afford to fail its consumers and aspiring designers by cancelling the scheduled exhibit without notice. it was a breech of contract, a stab against their professionalism -- those organizers behind the said competition. it is unfair: we patiently waited, we did our part, it is just right for us to expect that the organizers perform their roles just as well.

no one knows exactly when the exhibit will be held. great. so much for excitement.

delicious ambiguity.

No comments: