don't fret, it's just me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

which came first: the book or the pencil?


i am hooked. my friend lent me this book a few days ago and now i can't stop reading it. see, that's the problem with me. you give me a book or a game or pencils or paint, and i won't stop. i read during mealtimes. at breakfast, lunch, dinner. i read on the bus. this afternoon i got to work all woozy and nauseous because i was reading the whole time on the bus. i read at work. at the hospital today, i managed to read a few pages in between checking my patients and carrying out doctor's orders. i can't stop. i really can't. a book is something that is beyond my self-control. i'm an addict, what else can i say?

well anyway, i have no intention whatsoever of curing this addiction. for one thing, it's not crippling me or my patients in any way. but now the dilemma is: what do i do first: draw or read? i was thinking about this on the bus on my way home (it was too dark for me to read). but of course, i did not come to any significant conclusion. so i'm still thinking about it and i'm wasting time blogging about it. hahaha. typical me. i have to share my misery with the internet.

on a slightly related note, i'm thinking about starting a 30-day project. a 30-day drawing project. to make sure i retrain my hands and i do not let go of art ever again. plus, there's a new 7B staedtler pencil i haven't used yet. so yeah, i'd probably draw tonight. i'm just not sure whether the book comes first.

book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?
book or pencil?

delicious ambiguity.

No comments: